Situated about ten kilometres to the south of Stanger-KwaDukuza, cushioned among the sugar cane hills is Groutville, a peri-urban settlement. Groutville was formerly a mission reserve administered by a Chief elected by the Christian community (AbaseMakholweni).
Groutville is part of the Kwadukuza municipality and Ilembe District Municipality.
Groutville was a Mission station several km south-west of Stanger and was Established in 1844 by the Reverend Aldin Grout (1803–1894) of the American Missionary Society and named after him. Groutville was formerly known as Umvoti
Learn more on the History of Groutville