BREAKING | Coronavirus in SA: Six more cases of Covid-19 confirmed
6 minutes ago Azarrah Karrim
Six new cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed by the Minister of Health, Zweli Mkhize, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 13.
These cases are in Gauteng, KwaZulu Natal and the Western Cape.
• A 33-year-old female who had travelled to Italy and returned on the 1 March.
• A couple, 34-year-old male and a 33-year-old female who had travelled to Germany. They returned to South Africa on the 9 March.
• A 57-year-old male who had travelled to Austria and Italy. He returned to South Africa on the 9 March.
• A 40-year-old male who had travelled to Portugal. He returned on the 7 March.
Western Cape Case:
• A 36-year-old male who had travelled to multiple countries including Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Turkey. He returned to South Africa on the 9 March.
"All the patients have now been advised. Those who are symptomatic have started receiving treatment. Some of these patients are already in hospital while some, specifically those who are asymptomatic are in self quarantine. Contact tracing has also started for all these cases," Mkhize said on Wednesday